HOME         ABOUT         CONTACT         STUDIO

Aug 13, 2013

Beauty Favorites

So, because I am a bit of a beauty product fiend, I thought I would make a round up of my favorite products for you guys.

FACE
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15: I've been using this foundation for years now. I love it because a) it comes in a huge range of shades so I actually can find the right one for my skin tone and b) the finish is great (it's not super heavy or dry looking) and doesn't bother my irritable skin.
Nars Illuminator: I use this as a highlighter on top of foundation (on bridge of nose and cheekbones). It's subtle and not too sparkly, which I like. Also, it lasts forever.

CHEEKS
Bobbi Brown Cream Blush in Calypso Coral: Even though I don't find cream blush as easy to apply as powder it's pretty great for a more natural looking finish. This Bobbi Brown one is more opaque than other lines' versions so it shows up on darker complexions more easily.
Nars Blush in Lovejoy: This is one of my favorite powder blushes. It goes on so easily and comes in flattering shades.
Clinique Powder Blush in Aglow: This blush is super subtle in color (it's almost like a bronzer) so I like to use it when I've got other things going on i.e. am wearing lipstick or eye makeup.

EYES
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black: I generally wear eye makeup only a few times a week but I've recently taken to doing winged eyeliner when I have the time. This Stila liner has a thin felt tip brush like applicator and is really easy to use. Here's a pretty good tutorial from Free People for winged liner. What I like to do is hold the pen horizontal to my lash line to apply (it has more control that way and you'll get a straighter line) then run a makeup remover cloth, folded into a point, along the top when you're done to clean it up so that the line is smooth.
Benefit Gilded Highlighting Pencil: This is great to use on the inner corners of eyes to look more awake. Kind of like that white eye pencil trick but I find that this shade blends in better.
Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black: This is a super dark mascara that makes your lashes look really full. It definitely gives my favorite look of all the mascaras I've tried although it can be a pain to remove.

LIPS
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment: This is actually my favorite favorite product, it's the perfect texture and the tinted ones have just the right amount of color (plum and rose are the two that I use the most). Also, it smells amazing.
Buxom Lip Polish: I'm not usually a lip gloss person but this is great for when you need to look just a little bit fancy. It's a tiny bit shimmery but not glittery and stays on for a super long time.
Benetint Lip/Cheek Stain: This is nice for when you want some color but don't like the hassles of lipstick (I constantly fear it will get on my teeth or I'll need to keep fixing it, etc. so I pretty much never wear it). The stain lasts for a good amount of time and is fuss free. Just apply and then top with your favorite balm.

TOOLS
Up & Up Foundation Brush: This is a good basic foundation brush, it has softer bristles than other ones that I've tried which give a more even application.
Sonia Kashuk Spoolie: A spoolie is your best friend if you have full brows. That's all.
Ecotools Blush Brush: This brush is nice and full and applies the right amount of product. Also, its pretty affordable so that's a plus.
Tweezerman Eyelash Curler: My little sister swears by eyelash curlers and gave me this one for Christmas. Honestly, in day to day life I rarely remember to use it. But I do find it easy to use and it doesn't pinch my lids like the curler I previously had did (or maybe that was just my lack of skill haha).

EXTRAS
Fresh Sugar Lychee Perfume: I love this. It's really fresh and not too sweet. The brown sugar one from Fresh is also great and good for fall/winter.
Essie Nail Polish in Bahama Mama: This dark burgundy color is my absolute favorite and it goes on really easily and evenly. I use it all of the time no matter the season.
Butter London Nail Polish in Tea with the Queen: A great neutral and I find Butter polishes to be really easy to use and long lasting.

So that's it! What are your favorite products?

0 comments:

Post a Comment